Deploying Vim Connect extension
using Microsoft Edge Group Policy (GPO)
Vim Connect is Vim’s browser extension that enhances Electronic Medical Record (EMR) capabilities for provider organizations.
In this guide, we’ll explain how to deploy Vim Connect using Microsoft Edge Group Policy administrative templates (ADMX). These templates are provided by Microsoft and are designed to allow you to centrally manage Edge browser settings in an Active Directory domain for your organization.
Installing GPO ADMX Templates for Microsoft Edge
- On your Group Policy server, Download and extract the following zip file and extract it to a folder of your choice.
- Open Group Policy Management Console (gpmc.msc) and create a new GPO:
- Right-Click the GPO you just created and click Edit
- Go to Computer Configuration → Policies → Administrative Templates
- Right click Administrative Templates and then click Add/Remove templates.
- Click “Add”
- Browse to the extracted folder, and double-click msedge.adm file in the following path:
- Verify that a new Microsoft Edge folder containing two subsections Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge – Default Settings (users can override) appeared in the following path: Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → Classic Administrative templates (ADM).
Configuring the deployment GPO
- Navigate to Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → Classic Administrative Templates (ADM) → Microsoft Edge → Extensions
Double-click the “Control which extensions are installed silently” policy
Enable the policy, then click Show under “Extension/App IDs and update URLs to be silently installed”
Enter the extension ID and update the URL in the following format:
* Make sure that there’s no trailing space after or before the URL, copy and paste exactly as it is.
Click OKOn a test workstation, open CMD and run gpupdate /force.Open Edge browser, you should see the Vim Connect extension icon among your Edge Extensions. (If Edge is already running, please exit it and relaunch)
Questions? Contact your Vim representative or reach us at [email protected]etvim.com